Wednesday, January 02, 2008

bookmyshow and free movie tickets

This is one among the top shot mistakes i have ever done. The concept was nice, economics was great (1 ticket free with every booked ticket for platinum card and 1 ticket free with every two ticket for a gold card), and so took the plunge and booked the ticket.

I was trying for a ticket in PVR, not just for me but for 9 people. After the discounts, it came to shade above 900. I tried the first time, it took me till the final phase of registration with even my card details given. and then it just does not respond. I frantically call the bookmyshow customer care. they responded and told me that the transaction is not done and you can try it again. I checked my credit card status online also. It showed no transaction.

Went ahead did the whole procedure again. Again it failed after my credit card details were given. Then i left it and we all ditched going for the movie. Then when i was going through my credit care statement the next day, got a real bad shock. Rs 1800 is debited from my account to bookmyshow. I call their representative. He maintains that no transaction is made. I called ICICI, they were mentioning the transaction was made!!

Now what?? i booked a compliant through mail to both ICICI and bookmyshow helpdesk. ICICI send me a note that they have tagged these transactions as "disputed" and i will get back the money in 60 days!!.. each time i send a mail to bookmyshow guys they tell they are working with the bank to refund my amount.. The key question: who has my money??

still waiting for the money.. hoping at least in 60 days i will get back the money.. so beware of free offers and dont take the first leap.. learned a hard way :(

I finally got back the money :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nice Blog. Limata.com Offers online movie tickets chennai,phone booking,movie tickets,cinema ticket for Chennai,Madurai, tirunelveli,theni,coimbatore,tirupur also current shows,cinema ticket booking,advance booking,cinema theaters,movie show timings.

Steffi said...

Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again

Book Movie Tickets

kittu said...


BookMyShow offers! If you are looking for discounts or offers for movietickets, go to Tracedeals directly. There are many offers and movie theatres get your coupons and offers at Tracedeals. Download the application or take out your PC and Go through Tracedeals.in.
bookmyshow offers
online movie ticket booking
Bookmyshow hyderabad offers