Monday, December 31, 2007

Online mobile charging

I am a prepaid user and one thing that really irritate me is that every month i have to recharge my mobile. So i usually opt for Rs 5000/- of the BSNL excel recharge during festive season which gives me 7500 talktime and that too for full one year. This is better than the postpaid connection, where the charges are comparable but you still have to pay the bills monthly.

Another option i found was recharge through internet. One was the ICICI site through the internet banking portal. I tried recharging Rs 60/- for a vodafone connection in Kerala. To my horror i find the talktime got by the vodafone customer at the other end is just Rs15.40/-. So be careful. I will update this blog once i get into the details. It was mentioned that ICICI does not charge anything for the service.

Another site was FastRecharge which allow quite a wide range of recharge even for BSNL (but restricted to chennai). This though i have not transferred any mobile currency through it looks promising, except for the long process involved in transfer. Here again i have to see if there are any catches like in the ICICI case. I will update this blog further based on my further research about this site.

Now BSNL has also started a new online service for pre-paid recharge at their website. This is free of cost though sometimes their server is down, so have patience!! You need to register in their website initially. Also the password you select has to be all CAPITAL letter and can contain number. You should have exactly 8 character. Once you register you can use it and is instantaneous. I have done it twice both for recharge and top-up. So enjoy another good service from BSNL.

6 comments:

Priya said...

Hi thanks, I did recharge with www.fastrecharge.com , its really good website ,i got the recharge pin by sms in seconds they giving good service. thanks agiann.

Priya said...

Wow thanks, fastrecharge.com really works fine.. I did recharge online i got a recharge in seconds. Thanks again

UNITED FOUNDATION - ADIARI said...

I live in DUBAI, Before I reach my home in India, I bought a Reacharge coupon worth Rs300/= what a surprise my wife got SMS (same number I provided) within few seconds for the exact amount hat I have paid. Thanks FAST RECHARGE being honest with customer & Thanks Blogger.

UNITED FOUNDATION - ADIARI said...

I live in DUBAI, Before I reach my home in India, I bought a Reacharge coupon worth Rs300/= what a surprise my wife got SMS (same number I provided) within few seconds for the exact amount hat I have paid. Thanks FAST RECHARGE being honest with customer & Thanks Blogger.

Unknown said...

hi,
I used fast recgarge.com to charge my mobile in Karnataka. It works very fine and excellent service and quick response to the querries. It is really grate experience. Thansk to fastrecharge.

Krishnaswamy - Oman

ADIRAI TODAY said...

It was heavy rainy day, I was not able to go to buy recharge coupon anywhere out side in my home town (Nashik) I purchased my Recharge card on www.fastrecharge.com once I paid online It's wonder I have received a SMS to my mobile with PIN # and I activated instantly. It work fast.No hassle on payment option.Honest site. Good luck for better service.