Monday, December 10, 2007

DataOne Connection

In continuing with my adventures with BSNL connection, now finally i can see my usage stats. And indeed in Home 500 plan 2AM to 8 AM is free!! So enjoy the power of speed!!

Few more findings..
- One consume 20MB/hr for browsing (on an average and depends on the site you visit) excl youtube etc..
- Now a new link has come up for at least bangalore users which indicates "Broadband Customers Please Click Here to Login". This allow to see billed and unbilled statistics in a detailed manner
  • Once in a while it does not work.. so try try try again!!
  • Somehow even though i have not crossed 2.5GB it is indicated some charges. Not sure of that. I hope finally they will reduce this.. else i will be bankrupt!!
  • This can be cut and pasted into a excel and then use your excel skill to figure how much exact download you did in the non-peak hour. For me it still is far below 2.5GB but only the first bill can tell me if my calculations are right :)
This gives me 125KBps or IMbps on an average at night and peak do reach 2 Mbps. Also speed it seems for me is limited more by the other end.

Get some Flashget and then run this download manager to tweak out max speed from your connection. If you are a firefox browser user like me install FlashGot add-on which allows you a single mechanism to download the entire set of links.. Enjoy speed!!

No comments: