Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Bikes, Bangalore and Backpain

It is not that they have alphabet "B" common among them. Recently among my friend (and long back with me also), back pain issue is quite common. My analysis of my different acts on a regular day made me to conclude that bike is the culprit.

Bikes now a days come with awesome power and not not awesome shock absorber. And in Bangalore with the weird traffic, applying excessive brakes is quite common. This puts excessive pressure on the back. I think this as the key culprit as whoever had similar issue with back i suggested to minimize/avoid the use of bike and all of them recovered pretty well.

So if you are a new entrant into the club, just stop driving the bike, get some ayurvedic treatment. I did it at Kottakkal Ayurveda Hospital near Ashoka pillar, Jayanagar. This is opposite to the e-zone on the jayanagar BDA complex ashoka pillar road. Take complete rest during the time you have pain. Once you are done with the pain (takes around a week or two with medication) stop using bikes and do some yoga exercise which allows the muscle around the back to get sturdier. Do not do heavy Gym exercises. Also dont neglect it as it can get really painful and can turn into a slip disc issue which needs surgery.

No comments: