Monday, March 23, 2009

"Gadget.in" Review

I recently wanted to buy a charger for my Olympus camera C-770UZ. I was lazy to go to the market and search for it. I looked for this at few camera distributors and none of them had it. So i searched in the web. What i wanted was a Li-10B battery charger and i found the same in the site Gadget.In. I booked for the charger online after consulting their help desk. Help desk was very cooperative in helping me with all the payment gateway issue.

After three days flat i got the delivery (though they have committed only 5 days) but when i opened it i was in for a surprise. The charger was not original Olympus and was a poor cousin of the same. It was not professional packaging but i thought may be they ad packed it for some extra covering, but it was the actual cover. But i never had hoped to get an OEM product. I then went through the website again and found that they have small note at the end of the product display mentioning that it is not made by Olympus!! also they have mentioned that the image is not the actual image. so be careful when you to buy online as i now paid for my laziness. Does it work? It has a max rating of 600mAh but it took me full 4 hours to charge (rather than theoritical 2 hrs as my battery rating is 1050mAh). Also with my earlier Olympus charger i used to charge in 1-1.5 hrs. So turned out to be a costly mistake!!

No comments: