Thursday, June 05, 2008

Petrol pump review

Beware of crooks in Bangalore petrol pump. In case you are filling the petrol ensure that you look in the meter right through the procedure when your tank is filled up. What they do is the following:

In case you ask to fill for Rs 500/-, they stop filling after 100 telling that they did not hear you properly and without resetting the meter fill to another Rs 400/- which effectively means they have only filled for Rs 400/- now they will tell you that you have been filled with full 500 rupees of petrol. I have experienced this two times and always in smaller pumps. so which pump is good and bad. I will add to the list as and when i fill up from different pumps:

Good
------------
  1. City service station, JP Nagar 2nd Phase on outer ring road
Bad
------------
  1. Indian oil pump at the outer ring road and Mysore road junction.
  2. IBP pump near the silk board toward the BTM layout side somewhat opposite to silk board.
Please add the pumps you know into the list and let us drive them out of business and keep only the good ones.

3 comments:

Rahul said...

IBP Petrol pump at silk board is a big cheat..... beware of those thieves...the workers there are really shrewd

Unknown said...

BPCL Petrol Pump - Jayanagar Service Station at the South End traffic signal in Jayanagar, Bangalore is a big fraud. The workers here are very sly and seasoned manipulators. They seem to be old hands in this thing.
Just yesterday I wanted to fill up my tank. One of the persons enagaged me in talk and was trying to convince me that using a credit card does not attract any transaction fee. This is the first time someone in petrol pump tried to persuade me to use a credit card to make the payment!! Then the person who was actually dispensing the petrol stopped at Rs 150. When I asked him why he had stopped, he told me that he heard that I wanted to fill Rs 150 worth fuel. When I told him I wanted to fill the tank, he continued filling the fuel. He did not show me the zero setting. All this while the other guy kept pestering me about payment with credit card and distracting me. The dispensing guy finally told me that he has filled the tank. This time it came to about Rs. 1180. When I proceeded to pay only Rs 1180 they told me that I need to pay the additional Rs 150 they had filled earlier. I did not have the time to argue since I had to catch up with a meeting. So I feel I ended up paying Rs. 150 more. The manager at the pump was not of much help. He seems to be mixed up with these fellows. Avoid this petrol pump like the plague.

shailendra said...

Also the Bharat petroleum bunk on the millers road is also a big cheat.
They will always have two people planted on a customer. Just when the dispenser starts filling , the money collecting guy would distract you on the pretext of asking for money.
Please do not pay untill the filling is complete.